Haven't done one of these tutorial in a while. And since while I was drawing this Coca-Cola piece I was making separate copies of em I thought I might as well put em together and create a 'making of..' artwork. Enjoy!
1. I begin with a very sketchy draft, a draft which I don't care about accuracy, detail or proportion. I try to let my mind go free, let my inner soul emerge onto the blank page. My hand loosely wander around on the graphic tablet like a drunken man on the street.
2. I then take a look at my current progress and can't help but vomit, something needs to be done about this mindless scribble. I start a new layer and redo every single line until it doesn't look rough anymore.
3. Then I would imagine what this artwork would look like with the proper lighting. Where are the lights coming from? The usual answer is 'top'... I would then add a very basic shadow just so that I kinda know what I wanna achieve at the end.
4. Not a care in the world I would randomly splash paint all over my artwork, messing around with the colors until the right 'tone' comes out. This is another step where I loosen up before I try to be accurate.
5. Now that we have some colors on the page, I would rethink what I actually want on the final image. I now start refining everything.. From colors to details on the characters, oh look the girl on the left even had a sex change!
6. I add details to everything now, I zoom in a lot and try to give each character a personality.
7. The cola blobs starts to have a proper face, the robot now has a logo, everyone is happy.
8. I thought the sky looks a little bit empty.. its pretty much just a boring sky with a lot of cola blobs flying around.. what can I add to make it more interesting? A COLA TORNADO! It really brought the artwork alive didn't it?
9. And now the cola tornado has curves.. I also fixed up the colors a bit, added tiny pieces of details, sprayed on a reflective shine on the cola blobs and there we have it! Also important is to add your name down the bottom so people knows who drew this. I am Ry-Spirit. Thanks for reading if you are still with us.
Final image can be viewed here [link]
, please head over and fav it if u like.